Xiaomi Redmi 5 – The Xiaomi Redmi
The Redmi 5 supports Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging technology.
But the battery is quite disappointing, the Redmi 5 will only have the juice of 3,680mAh. which is a smaller pack than the Redmi 4 4,100mAh unit.
The leaked image suggests that the Redmi 5 will be powered by the Snapdragon 625 SoC or Snapdragon 630 SoC depending on the variants.
The phone’s fingerprint scanner is placed on the back, while the Redmi 5 will sport a set of capacitive keys below the display, The Redmi 5 will ship with a metal frame, it’s possible it will be metal.
Xiaomi Redmi 5 – Variants
- 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage (Snapdragon 625)(2GHz CPU) – 859 Yuan ($125)
- 3GB RAM with 16GB internal storage (Snapdragon 625)(2GHz CPU) – 1,039 Yuan ($152)
- 4GB RAM with 64GB internal storage (Snapdragon 630)(2.2GHz CPU)– 1,099 Yuan ($191)
Specifications – Xiaomi Redmi 5
- 5-inch Full HD display (1080 x 190 pixels)
- Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 fast charging
- 5MP front shooter
- 16MP primary camera
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat – MIUI 9.0
- 3,680mAh battery
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is expected to launch either at the end of this month or early August. Xiaomi is also working on another smartphone named Redmi Note 5A, believed to be a cheaper to the Redmi Note 5.
Specifications – Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A
- 5.5 Inches full HD display (1080 x 190 pixels)
- 3GB + 32GB, 4GB +32 GB / 64GB
- Snapdragon 625 processor
- 5MP Samsung S5K5E8 front shooter
- 12MP OV12A10 sensor with a 13MP OV12880 sensor
- 3,790mAh battery
- Android 7.1 Nougat