Days ago, Xiaomi launched lots of products which include Xiaomi Mi 8, Xiaomi Mi 8 Explorer Edition with translucent back, Xiaomi Mi 8 SE, 75-inch Xiaomi TV 4, Xiaomi Mi VR Standalone Headset, Xiaomi MIUI 10 and of course the device of concern here Xiaomi MI Band 3. The Xiaomi Mi band 2, on the other hand, was launched far back in In 2016 after the first edition in 2014. So many people have already fallen in love with the XiaomiMi band 3, but should we just abandon the Mi band 2? let’s take a close look at the comparison and see if really the band 3 surpasses the band 2.
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 Vs Mi Band 2 Comparison
Design & Appearance
Let’s start with both devices design. When it comes to the design, both devices are fabricated from the same body-friendly thermoplastic elastomer materials with there bracelet body having bi-colored/bite-synthesized. the Xiaomi Mi Band 3 still uses the usual wristband design style just like the band 2 but this time, the strap is quite solid and tight to prevent falls. They are both available in just one color which is the black color. Talking about the weight, the Mi band 3 has more weight, weighing about 8.5 grams while the Mi band 2 weighs 7 grams. As we progress, you are going to see the reason for the weight difference as the band 3 comes with little more features that the band 2.
Xiaomi band 3
This is where the band 3 beat the band 2 and one good reason so many people have been waiting for the launch. The band 3 sports a larger screen at 0.78 inches PMOLED display while the band 2 comes with a 0.42-inch OLED display. The Xiaomi band 3 0.78-inch PMOLED display is capable of displaying over 24 Chinese characters at a time and has a pixel density of 193ppi. This is the highest PPI custom display smart band in the market. Is that all? Nooo. In addition to upgrading the display screen, the chip of the Mi Band 3 has been also been upgraded. So even it sports a larger and brighter screen.
In this aspect also, the Xiaomi mi band 3 still beat the Mi band 2. The Mi band 3 support 5ATM waterproof even when immersed in the water up to 50 meters. So unlike the Mi band 2, this one can be used when swimming, in the shower and other cases. The UV100 coating process was applied to the Mi Band 3, and the anti-fingerprint coating was applied to increase the wear resistance of the surface. Though the Xiaomi Mi Band 2 is IP67 certified which means that it is waterproof, dustproof and resistant to corrosion but it cant be used for swimming, or better still, it cant be used for a long time in water, but the band 3 can.
In this aspect also, the xiaomi band 3 also override the band 2, as it sports a larger battery and more usage time. I believe you can see some reasons for the little difference in weight which is not really significant as you can wear both bands all day long, even while sleeping. The Xiaomi Mi Band 2 comes with a 70 mAh Lithium Polymer battery and that’s why it has 20 days standby time while the Xiaomi Mi Band 3 is built with a 110mAh battery which offers 20 days+ battery life.
Now let’s see in summary why you should buy the mi band 3
Reasons to buy the Mi Band 3
- The screen is bigger: if you want to have larger screen size, it is clear that the best purchase you can make is the My Band 3. In this case, it is PMOLED and it has 0.78 inches, in addition to a resolution of 128 x 80 pixels.
- The brightness is improved: you will not have problems to read the notifications or everything that happens on your wristband because the My Band 3 has a brighter screen and looks better outdoors.
- Higher battery: Xiaomi went from 70 mAh of a battery in band 2 to about 110 mAh, which translates into an average duration of about 20 days, so you’ll have a wristband for a while and you’ll only have to charge it once a month.
- More features: the renewed Xiaomi bracelet for 2018 comes with new functions to interact with the smartphone. Because it now shows the content of the notification and allows you to interact with the calls.
- It comes with NFC: the ‘superior’ version bets on this technology, so you can make payments from your smart band.
Now that’s we’ve seen reasons to buy the band 3, lets quickly look at a reason to buy the band 2
Reasons to buy the Mi Band 2
- It’s cheaper: at the moment the Xiaomi Band 3 is currently priced at $49.99 while the band 2 goes down in price as is logical $36.32. You can save an extra money that will allow you to buy a pair of colored straps (or whatever you want).