When the Xiaomi Mi Band 3 was announced after two years of the second generation, many hurried to complain about it. Those people are sure no major changes were made. But actually, the Mi Band 3 is a quite different fitness tracker that stands out not only over its predecessor but can beat many other top branded smartbands as well. We are going to discover all the highlights of this amazing band.
Xiaomi Mi Band 3 Vs Mi Band 2: Differences
- The Xiaomi Mi Band 3 comes with a 0.78-inch OLED display, while its predecessor sports a 0.42-inch screen. But the latter doesn’t support touch operations. The only way to interact with it is the touch key on the lower part. On the contrary, the Mi Band 3 supports two kinds of interaction – touchscreen + touch key. The resolution increased proportionally: 128 × 80 pixels versus 72 × 40 for the predecessor.
- The physical button of the Mi Band 2 has been replaced by the fully capacitive screen.
- The Mi Band 3 sports a 5ATM waterproof rating, which simply means it can be immersed into 50m water. The second generation model has an IP67 rating only. Thus, it is waterproof, but can’t be used when swimming or in the shower. It’s because Mi Band 3 has been manufactured using a UV100 coating process, and it also has an anti-fingerprint coating that increases resistance to surface damage.
- The new model supports way more features than its predecessor. Say you can reject calls, view weather forecast, see message content, etc.
- The third-gen model supports Bluetooth 4.2, while its sibling comes with Bluetooth 4.0. Honestly, regular users won’t feel any real differences.
- The Xiaomi Mi Band 3 is a bit bigger with dimensions of 46.9 × 17.9 × 12 mm, while the Mi Band 2 comes with 40.3 × 15.7 × 10.5 mm.
- Both models use the same body + wristband design. Though the manufacturer offers only three + one color straps: black, orange, blue + transparent (that is not officially announced yet), you can get a lot of straps from third-party manufacturers. As for the straps themselves, the Mi Band 3 is adjustable within 155-216 mm with a total length of 247 mm. The Mi Band 2 is 155-210 mm and 235 mm respectively
- Though the Mi Band 3 is packed with a 110mAh battery and the Mi Band 2 sports a 70mAh battery, both provide about 20 days of a lifetime.
- The Mi Band 3 retains all the tracking capabilities of its predecessor, including heart rate, steps, and calories burnt, and sleep quality.
Though there are more differences rather than similarities, the main advantages over the Xiaomi Mi Band 3 are the much-improved screen and full water resistance, which means it can be used for tracking water-based activities as well as allowing you to wear it constantly. But we should also state the large and touchable screen brings way more advantages.
Use the coupon (code: 7miba3nd) to get it for $31.