Perhaps one of the most confusing entertainment choices nowadays has to be when someone is picking out a television screen, whether for the first time or even when upgrading from a smaller outdated one. So many factors come into play, the most pertinent being the size of the screen. It seems the general consensus that the bigger the screen the better. The only problem with this line of thinking is that the biggest screens, the ones we rush to check the price tag attached to them, almost always cost way out of our reach. What then? Perhaps you should consider the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector.
When they were first introduced, very few people anticipated that projectors would penetrate the home market. Almost always reserved for the movie house setting, and slowly making it into the business presentation usage case, there are so many reasons why a projector is better and beyond the limitations that come with television sets. However, let’s review how the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector, in particular, stands out among other projectors, and how it is a clear choice compared to conventional television sets.
Unpacking the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector
We decided to get ourselves the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector so as to give our readers the most personal and accurate review possible, so we’ll start with the unveiling of the device. These are the accessories that come with the device upon successfully purchasing and having it delivered;
- Obviously, and taking most of the packaging space, is the projector itself,
- A power cable,
- A remote control unit,
- An HDMI data connection cable,
- A VGA connection cable
- User manual
Setting up the projector was straightforward for our team, we didn’t even need to read the manual, although we always encourage you to read it. Connecting the power cable to the mains and to the projector is probably the biggest step in setting it up. After pressing the ON button, everything flows smoothly.
It’s a matter of pointing the projector towards a bright background and you’re set.
Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector Pricing
Most people who still prefer the television sets over the projector would be shocked at the savings that they’re missing out on. The Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector costs less than $100.00 (at the date of publishing this review).
There is absolutely no need to measure this against the price tags on even the low-end television sets.
While this price is very reasonable, it is very easy to expect to get a low-tier performance. You know? since we generally pay for what we get half the time everywhere else. On the contrary, the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector packs way more value for every dollar spent. We’d just started watching a movie (in the name of testing it o’course) when our writers noticed how much better and more defined the images were compared to their television sets back home.
Especially when you can plug your phone in and expand to a clearer and bigger screen.
The Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector is, as the name suggests, a small device. However, the device’s size should not fool you into thinking it performs proportionately.
At just 3,57 lbs total device weight, it goes a long way proving that dynamite indeed comes in moderation.
Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector Picture Quality
Most impressive of the variables used to review projectors, is how good the picture actually looks. It’d have sucked really bad for us to wait for the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector to arrive and then have to endure a blurry viewing experience.
No luck, just great engineering – that’s what gives this small projector its great picture quality.
The 5-piece High Transmittance lenses that project light and image onto canvas bring out the best in any media you stream with the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector.
Regardless of how far you place the viewpoint, the screen resolution looks amazing from a distance that projects a size of 32in up to one that casts a viewport size of 175in. Imagine how much a 175in TV screen of equal quality would set you back!
Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector Specs in Detail
Before we go into the pros and cons of the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector, here’s a snapshot of its specifications;
Engine – the projector has an onboard MStar (copyright) Advanced Color Engine. This technology allows for a 1920 * 1080 picture resolution at a contrast ratio of 2000:1. It’s worth noting that this kind of resolution is just about perfect for the home entertainment setting.
Connections – One great feature of the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector is the fact that you can connect almost all the devices that have a screen with it and expand your viewing.
From smartphones, gaming consoles like the PlayStation 4, Wii, XBox, and Laptops.
Heating – Most projectors would overheat if used the way we do with our television sets. Luckily, the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector comes with a heat dispersion system that includes sinks and fans that keep it cool at half the noise a PC fan would produce.
Onto the weighing scale now.
- The Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector is portable and easy to store when not in use. Even in use, it’s not too hard to find a vantage point from which to beam an image.
- The High Definition image quality projection of 1080pixels places it toe-to-toe with some of the best television screens today (at the date of publish).
- The cost – performance ratio of the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector is so good it blows our minds everytime we discuss projectors.
- The ability to have as many connections tethered to it as the number of devices you own is another cool feature we enjoyed. Games never looked this good and more fun to play.
- Like any other projector, you’ll have to change the lenses and light bulb at some point.
- The Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector is not recommended for PowerPoint presentations due to the resolution density.
- Even though most sound devices come stock with Dolby Digital Surround technology, the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector will not support it. Sucks we know. You have to disable the feature before playing media through the projector.
- While it gives a killer gaming experience, you have to switch it off every 4 hours for an hour or so to cool the components down and avoid damage to them.
We love it! That’s enough reason to buy the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector. But really, having taken other projectors for a trial before, we felt that this one in particular provided perhaps the greatest value.
Instead of investing thousands into a big screen television set, it seems all too obvious that the Vankyo Leisure 3 Mini Portable Projector is worth more than just one TV set.