MIUI is a stock and aftermarket firmware for smartphones and tablets which were developed by Xiaomi based on the Android operating system. Thus Xiaomi MIUI system is an Android system by the depth of customization. There is a lot of optimization in the system upgrade. Therefore, the MIUI system will be slower after the upgrade.
Xiaomi announced yesterday that it has officially upgraded MIUI
The message reads “Hello, Dear enthusiasts, we know that you have waited for a long time for this and we are pleased to inform you that the milestone update of Xiaomi Mi 5s, Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus, Xiaomi Mi Note 2, and Xiaomi Mi MIX! MIUI 8 for Android 7.0 has officially been released”. This follows the likes of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4X which has earlier adapted the Android 7.0 (Nougat) system.
MIUI Android 7.0 Developer Version – What’s New?
- OS upgraded to Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Lock screen, status bar, and notification bar has been added
- Added desktop view
- Optimized the sliding response time
- Optimized loading speed which drastically reduces the loading time
- Fixed the issue of notification bar not appearing
- Fixed the issue of difficulty in recovering from backup
- Fixed the issue of an icon not showing what it is meant for
How To Get The Update?
This is the developer version, and users can upgrade by clicking on “system update, ” and you will receive the Android 7.0 developer version with Android version upgrade and OTA push all in one package. After the successful upgrade, you can now enjoy the new experience brought by Android 7.0 (Nougat) (Note: There is no need to clear your data).
Thus update seem like a major update to the system as completely new features has been added and serious reformation has taken place on existing features which was proving to be problematic.
Source (Translated From Chinese)