Finally, Xiaomi has released the much awaited MIUI 9 update for their devices and this new update has bring lots of new features and changes to the table. These are the devices that will officially get this update but as of now MIUI 9 is only available for Redmi note 4 or 4x and Mi6 in the form of developer beta Rom. More devices will be added soon in the coming weeks.
So, if you want to try out the new MIUI 9 Rom on your supported devices then do follow this guide and this method will work for all the Xiaomi devices but in this video I am installing MIUI 9 on Redmi note 4x.
So now with that been said let’s start.
Guide (How To install)
The prerequisites are
1- Your bootloader should be unlocked
2- You should have pre- installed TWRP recovery.
- First boot your device into TWRP recovery mode and for that first switch off your device. Now press and hold volume up + power key until you see the mi logo, this will basically boot your device into TWRP recovery.
- So, after successfully booting up into twrp recovery The first thing that I always recommend is to make a backup of your current rom because in case you don’t like the rom or you want to go back to your previous rom then just go to restore section and from there you can restore the previous rom it’s as simple as that.
- So, after backup is done go back and click on wipe then advance wipe from here select dalvik, system, data, cache and swipe this blue button to right this will basically wipe the system partition and make your device ready for rom installation.
- Once that is done go back and click on install and navigate the rom zip file which we download earlier and select it, now again swipe this blue button to right in order to flash the rom zip file.
- The installation will take anywhere between 3 to 5 minutes so just relax, once the installation is done a pop up will appear which says “no os is installed” just over looked that and swipe this to reboot your device.
- Now again the first boot will take around 5 to 10 minutes which is quite normal, so wait till the boot is finish. Now as you can see we have successfully installed the MIUI 9 Rom on our Redmi note 4/ 4x. So just setup your device and enjoy the new MIUI 9 which brings lots of new changes and features to the table.
My first impression of MIUI 9 was like WOW, this time Xiaomi has done some improvements over the UI. As I mentioned earlier that this rom is a beta rom but still the rom feels very light and quick and I didn’t face any lag or app crashes in my 24 hours of usage.
On Redmi note 4/4x MIUI 9 is running on the latest version of android that is nougat and we were really waiting for this update since a while. Additional you will get lots of changes like now in setting menu there is a new option called my devices that will provide you the hardware and software details and I think it looks really cool. Rater that that now you also get the split screen features which will let you open 2 apps at the same time.
Do Checkout my YouTube Channel XtreamDroid