MIUI 8.2 (Global Stable Version) – Supported Smartphones
MIUI 8.2 Global Version was released in February, and the first phone which received the update was Xiaomi Mi 5. Lately, almost every Xiaomi smartphone has acquired the update expect for some of the Xiaomi smartphones. The devices which support MIUI 8.2 Global Stable Version are:
- The Mi Family: Mi Max / Mi Max Prime / Mi 3 / Mi 4 / Mi Note / Mi Note 2 / Mi MIX / Mi 5 / Mi 5s
- The Redmi Family: Redmi 1S / Redmi Note 4G / Redmi 2 Prime / Redmi 3/Prime / Redmi Note Prime / Redmi 4 Prime / Redmi 2 / Redmi 4A / Redmi Note 3 Special Edition / Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm / Redmi 3S/ Redmi 3S Prime / Redmi Note 4X/Qualcomm
MIUI developers are working on the pending smartphones which are:
- Redmi Note 4 MTK, Redmi Note 2, Mi 2/2S, Mi 5s Plus, Redmi 4, Mi 4i
Moreover, for the pending phones, the user can install MIUI 8.2 China Stable ROM to enjoy the latest updates and fixes till the Global Version releases.
MIUI 8.2 (Global Stable Version) – What’s New?
It should be noted that the update can’t be compared to the upcoming major update ‘MIUI 9’ but has some highlights including:
- The all new and improved layout for toggles in the Notification shade
- Full user control over automated tasks
- Brand new system sounds and ringtones
For Lockscreen, Status Bar, Notification Bar
- New – Swipe to delete Lockscreen notifications
- New – UI adjustments for toggles
- New – Battery saver toggle can be added to the Notification shade
- Optimization – Lock screen PIN layout
- Optimization – Changed icons forUSB charging and switching keyboards
- Optimization – Floating notifications won’t appear in DND mode
- Fix – Notification shade issues during incoming call floating notifications
- Fix – Wi-Fi page made the device freeze when it was opened for the first time
- Fix – Notification shade issues
- Fix – Issues with opacity after using third party themes
- Fix – a swipe couldn’t remove the first notification
- Fix – Landscape mode issues with third party themes
- New – Home screen settings added to the Settings
- Fix – Part of UI for deleting apps wasn’t visible on light backgrounds
- Fix – Minor adjustments for animations in the Launcher
- New – Antivirus scans for the apps installed not from Google Play
MIUI 8.2 – How to Install?
There are two ways to install MIUI 8.2:
- Via OTA updates: This is the easiest method. Just go to settings, then check for the software updates. After something, the phone will restart and upgrade to MIUI 8.2.
- Via Fastboot method: This one is a little bit complicated and risky. If you haven’t received the update for your supported phone, you can’t try this. Download the model’s ROM (Global or Chinese) in the list given below. Copy the.Zip file to ‘downloaded_rom’ in the internal storage. Launch the updated app. For MIUI 6/7/8: Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package,’ and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom.’ For MIUI V5: Press the Menu button, select ‘Choose update package,’ and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded_rom.’ We recommend to backup your data before fastboot. Shifting from Developer mode to Stable requires a complete wipe.
- Via Recovery Mode: Download the model’s ROM (Global or Chinese) from Official MIUI website. Copy the.Zip file to an SD card. Open recovery mode. Select the file in the SD card and Install.
Here are the downloading links of MIUI 8.2 for different smartphones:
Redmi Note 4X/Qualcomm
Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm
Redmi Note 3 SE
Redmi 4 Prime
Mi Note 2
Redmi 2 Prime
Redmi Note Prime
Mi 3 / Mi 4
Redmi Note 4G
Mi Max 32G
Mi Max 64G / 128G
You can get the China Stable from here.
We hope that you will update your Xiaomi smartphone successfully. Let us know about the features you loved in MIUI 8.2 and the problems you are facing. Stay tuned for more MIUI updates.