If you want to figure out how you can Install Kodi on Chromecast, we are here to help you as we are going to share everything you want to know about this process. But, before that, if you aren’t yet aware of Kodi and what it does, then just keep reading as we are going to share everything about Kodi. After that, we will move on to the steps to Install Kodi on Chromecast.
We will also talk about the reasons why you should try the perfect combination of Kodi and Chromecast. There are multiple steps to install Kodi, and so, we will explain each step one by one. Let’s first talk about Kodi itself.
WHAT IS KODI?
Kodi is a perfect solution for a great Home Entertainment as it is a software that turns or converts any TV, computer, tablet or even the smartphone into a digital set-top box with which, you can enjoy all your favorite TV shows, movies, etc. It gives you the ability to stream files from the web or your local storage on the computer, smartphone, etc.
It was developed and started in 2003, and since then, Kodi is growing tremendously. It was first available for only the Xbox but looking at the demands of the users, the developers made it available for almost every streaming device like TV, Computer, Smartphone, etc. You can also install Kodi on iPhone & iPad. You can easily add various functions to Kodi using the available add-ons as this amazing software has been shaped by more than 500 developers and almost 200 translators. So, it is available for any user in virtually any language.
WHY & HOW TO INSTALL KODI ON CHROMECAST?
First of all, this is a typical question to ask – Why should you install Kodi on Chromecast? What’s the benefit of doing this? Well, since we all are aware of Chromecast, a media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. Simply use your mobile device and the TV you already own to stream your favorite TV shows, movies, music, sports, games and more. Now, when Chromecast is combined with Kodi, you can say that they both make the perfect pair because Chromecast is a dongle that lets you stream media and Kodi is a free media streaming software.
Now, we will show you how to install Kodi on Chromecast.
HOW TO INSTALL KODI ON CHROMECAST – KODI CHROMECAST
Now, there are multiple ways to do this thing. First of all, you can do this via your Android smartphone and secondly, you can do this via your PC. So, we will be sharing both these ways and explaining each step one by one. So, sit back, grab a coffee and keep reading.
Interestingly, in the method that requires your Android phone, we have two sub-methods which include a shot one and a long one. Now, you might be thinking to go with the short method as it will require less time but we will suggest you to try the long one first and if that doesn’t work, move to the short method. Simple, isn’t it?
INSTALL KODI ON CHROMECAST WITH ANDROID
LONG METHOD –
1. Before starting the process, make sure you have all these files mentioned below. You can easily download them via the links that are attached to their names –
2. Now, once you are done with the download and installation process, next thing you wanna do is to launch the ES File Explorer.
3. Now, go to the settings of ES File Explorer. You can swipe from left to reveal all the settings. There, look for the option that says ‘Show Hidden Files’ and enable this option.
4. Now, go to the folder where you have downloaded the .xml file PlayerFactoryCore and copy this file.
5. You need to paste this file in the location – Android > org.xbmc.kodi > Files > .kodi > user data.
6. Once you are here, just paste the .xml file and boom! Just launch Kodi app and select any video you want to play. Next, it will prompt the app to open LocalCast automatically.
7. After this, you can select the name of your player, and that’s it.
After doing this, you will be able to stream the media you want to on your TV using Chromecast dongle. It wasn’t a complicated process to Install Kodi on Chromecast via Android, was it?
SHORT PROCESS –
1. Now, if somehow the long process doesn’t work, just try this short method.
2. First of all, go to the Play Store and search for ‘Google Home’ app. Install it.
3. Open Google Home app and then go to Menu and select ‘Cast Screen’ option. It will show you all steps to connect to the Chromecast.
4. Now, launch the app and choose any video you want to play. Now, once you press ‘Play,’ then the video will automatically play on both the devices.
So, these were the two different ways to install Kodi on Chromecast with Android by both long and short way. Now, we will talk about how to install it via PC itself.
INSTALL KODI ON CHROMECAST BY PC
1. On the Google Chrome Browser on your PC/Laptop, just install the Google Cast extension.
2. Once it has been added to Chrome, just click on the icon of Google Cast on the top.
3. A pop-up window will open and then, you need to search for the Kodi Chromecast device you are using. Click on your device name and your desktop or a single tab will stream to your TV depending upon which option you select.
So, after doing just this, you will be able to Install Kodi Chromecast on your PC or Laptop.
Well, we shared two different methods to Install Kodi On Chromecast, and since there are multiple methods, you don’t need to worry id one doesn’t work. There are a lot of benefits of using Kodi and Chromecast together as you will be able to enjoy any media you like. We hope that this article was helpful for you and if the steps worked, don’t hesitate to leave a comment below as it will inspire us to come up with even more tutorials about Kodi. Thanks for Reading.