For a long time, tablets have been trying to become a tool for work and replace inexpensive laptops. But after all, a gadget with smartphone functionality cannot be a full-fledged working machine. In Huawei, they understand this, that is why they supplied their tablet “for professionals” with an advanced stylus, a plug-in keyboard and, of course, a powerful hardware. Get the Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro at $654.03.
Specifications Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro
- Screen: 10.8 “, 2560×1600 pixels, 280 ppi, IPS
- Operating system: Android 8.0 Oreo with EMUI 8.0
- Stylus: M-Pen
- Processor: eight cores up to 2.4 GHz, Huawei Kirin 960
- Graphics chip: Mali-G71MP8
- RAM: 4 GB
- Internal memory: 64 GB
- Memory card support: microSD up to 265 GB
- Communications: GSM 850.900 / 1800/1900 MHz || UMTS 850/900/1700/1900/2100 MHz || LTE 1/3/4/5/7/8/12/17/18/19/20/26
- SIM: nano-SIM
- Interfaces: Wi-Fi (802.11a / b / g / n / ac), USB Type-C
- Navigation: GPS / A-GPS, GLONASS, Beidou
- Cameras: main – 13 megapixel, phase autofocus, f / 2.2; frontal – 8 megapixel, fixed focus, f / 2.2
- Sound: four speakers, Hi-Res Audio support, Harman / Kardon tuning
- Battery: 7500 mAh
- Dimensions: 258.7?171.8?7.3 mm
- Weight: 498 grams
Included with the MediaPad M5 Pro is a proprietary stylus M-Pen, which recognizes 4096 degrees of depression. The stylus is made of metal in the color of the device, is charged by USB Type-C and has two function buttons, which are connected with quick actions: creating and editing screenshots, opening the application menu for the stylus and the eraser function in graphic editors. Drawing with the M-Pen is very convenient – the accessory not only responds to pressing force, but is also susceptible to tilting. It feels almost like a real pen or brush.
Another useful tool for the job is the M5 Folio keyboard case. He is already bought separately and is connected via a three-pin magnetic connector.
All expensive tablets look alike, and the Huawei MediaPad M5 Pro is no exception – the same aluminum case and neat frames around the display. The entire front panel covers the protective glass with a good oleophobic coating. Behind there are four speakers, a magnetic connector for connecting the keyboard, the main camera, as well as the Huawei and Harman / Kardon logos, which were responsible for setting up the speakers. On the right side (in landscape orientation) there are the power button, volume control rocker, card tray for microSD and one nano-SIM, as well as USB Type-C connector version 3.0. They decided to abandon the audio jack, replacing it with an adapter.
The display is made using IPS technology, has a diagonal of 10.8 “and a resolution of 2560×1600 pixels. The aspect ratio of 16/10 is well suited for web surfing and video viewing, and the pixel density reaches 280 ppi – it’s enough for the small text are visible. Auto-brightness quickly and accurately adjusts to the lighting. There is also a blue light filter that reduces the strain on your eyesight at dusk and dark.
The main camera has a resolution of 13 megapixels and an aperture of f / 2.2. This is enough in good light – daytime pictures please with rich colors, accurate white balance and good detail. At the same time, the dynamic range leaves much to be desired, so you should always shoot in HDR mode – it helps to keep the details in the light and dark areas of the photo.MediaPad M5 Pro can work in 3G and 4G networks. The device supports Wi-Fi networks in the 2.4 / 5 GHz bands and three navigation systems: GPS, GLONASS and Beidou. There is also a Bluetooth v4.2 with aptX support.
- cool M-Pen stylus included;
- excellent workmanship;
- large and clear screen;
- great sound in the speakers and headphones;
- decent autonomy.
- not the most convenient arrangement of buttons;
- inconvenient layout switching.
I think that it is a very interesting product and is worth your attention. Don’t lose your chance and hurry up to get it.