On May 28, Chinese manufacturing giant, Xiaomi, has released its first flagship smartphone from its Redmi sub-brand, Redmi K20 series at the Beijing University Gymnasium. The company also released its first notebook, RedmiBook 14 in the press conference. The RedmiBook 14, which is the first Redmi series notebook in China has a 14-inch Full HD screen with 5.75 mm ultra narrow bezels and 81.2% screen-to-body ratio, 8th gen Intel Core i5/i7 processor with 8GB of RAM and NVIDIA GeForce MX 250 GPU.
RedmiBook 14 specifications
- 14-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) 16:9 display, 178° wide viewing angle, 250 nits brightness
- 1.8GHz Intel Core i7-8565U (8MB L3 Cache, up to 4.6GHz) / 1.6GHz Intel Core i5-8265U processor (6M Cache, up to 3.9GHz)
- 2GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce MX250 graphics
- 8G DDR4 2133MHz RAM, 256GB / 512GB SATA SSD storage
- Windows 10
- WiFi 802.11ac 2×2 (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.0, 2 x USB 3.0 port, 1 x USB 2.0, HDMI
- Dimensions: 309.6 mm x 210.9 mm x 14.8 mm
- 3.5mm headphone / microphone jack, Realtek ALC256M , 2x 1.5W speakers, DTS audio
- 46W battery with fast charging, up to 10h battery life
The RedmiBook 14 comes with an anti-glare matte screen as well as an all-metal integrated body which was designed using the sandblasting anode process. This notebook comes with a dimension of 309.6 mm x 210.9 mm x 14.8 mm and weighs 1.5 Kg which gives it a razor-thin profile. Under the hood, In addition to the 8th gen Intel Core i5/i7 processor, RedmiBook 14 features Xiaomi smart fingerprint unlock 20 which unlocks this notebook in 1.2 seconds. It also comes with a smart ultra low power standby which can be instantly activated when needed. In terms of connectivity, RedmiBook 14 has 2 USB 3.0 along with one USB 2.0, 3.5mm audio jack and an HDMI 1.4 port.
The notebook has 19mm large key spacing with 1.3 mm key travel for a more comfortable typing experience. Its huge 46W battery promises 10 hours of battery life and support for fast charging that offers 50% charge in 35 minutes when the notebook is off.