So after doing lots of research i found a custom rom based on android nougat 7.1.1 which is almost 90% stable only VOLTE and stock camera is not working but you can use any third party camera app and jiojoin app to overcome this problem and the developer of this rom is very consistent with the updates. So i think these 2 issues will be fixed soon.
So now with that been said let’s start.
Step by Step Tutorial (Highly Recommended)
The prerequisites are
1- You should have a unlocked bootloader.
2- You should have preinstalled custom recovery like twrp recovery.
So for the installation part you will need 2 files, one of them is rom zip file and other one is Gapps package. The download? link for both the files will be in the description box. So download both the files and put it in the internal memory of your device.
1- Rom Link
- Once that is done switch off your device and boot it into the twrp recovery by pressing and holding the vol up + volume down + power botton for few seconds until you see the mi logo.
- So after successfully booting up into twrp recovery The first think which i always recommend is to make a backup of your current rom because in case you don’t like the custom rom or you want to go back to your stock rom then just go to restore section and from there you can restore the previous rom its as simple as that.
- So after making the backup go back and click on wipe to wipe the system partition and make your device ready for rom installation.
- Once it is done go back and click on install and navigate the rom zip file which we download earlier after that click on add more zip and select gapps package make sure to select the rom zip file first and then the Gapps other wise your rom will not install and you may bick your device.
- After selecting both the files in right order swipe this blue button to right to flash the rom. It will take approximately 5 to 10 minutes to install the rom.
- Once the installation is finished reboot your device again the first boot will take more time then the normal boot so just grab a cup of coffee and relax.
- Now after the boot is finished you have successfully upgraded your device to nougat just complete the setup process and enjoy the Android nougat.