Andoer AN1 4K, design and construction quality
From the aesthetic point of view, it differs from all other action cams. Though the Mount and the Waterproof case is same as others.
It is available in three colors: silver, white or black. A stylish design, And a very recognition able feel in the hand for this action cam.
The size, without a protective water-proof case, is 22 x 18.5 x 6.8 cm and weighs 499 grams. An object which can be held between two fingers but riding a great engine that delivers performance beyond expectations.
Camera and specification
- Brand: Andoer
- Model: AN1
- Color White, Silver, Black
- Chipset: Novatek 96660 (NT96660)
- Sensor: Suitable for Sony IMX078 CMOS 1 / 2.3 “Sensor
- Lens: Wide Angle 170 ° lens, FNO 2.4, FOV 220
- Screen: 2.31″ HD Touch Screen
- Camera Housing Waterproof: Underwater 30mm / 98.4ft
- Support functions: WiFi / gyroscope / Anti-Shake / Motion Detection / 5x Zoom / External Mic / Voice Prompt / Audio Recording / Image Rotation / WDR
- Video Resolution: UHD 4K P24 (2880 * 2160), QHD P30 (320 * 480), VGA P240 / 30 (640 * 480), QVGA P30 (320 * 1440), FHD P60 / 30 (1920 * 1080), HD P120 / 60/30 (1280 * 720) 240
- Photo resolution: 20M (5120 * 3840), 16 (4608 * 3456), 12M (4032 * 3024), 10M (3648 * 2736), 18M (3264 * 2448), 5M (2592 * 1944), 3M (2048 * 1536 ), VGA (640 * 480)
- Format: MP4 / H.264 (video); JPG (Photo)
- Cycle Recording: 3/5 / 10min
- Video Time Lapse: 100ms / 200ms / 500ms / 1s / 5s
- Self-timer: 2s / 5s
- Burst Photo: 1/3/5 photos / second
- Quick Review: 2s / 5s
- Scene: night Scene / Portrait / clear paint
- white balance: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Tungsten / Fluorescent
- ISO: Auto / 100/200/400
- EV +/- 2.0 (increase 0.3)
- TV mode: NTSC / PAL
- Power Off automatic: 1/3/5 / 10min
- Save screen: 30s / 1min / 3min
- Connector: Mini USB 2.0, HD OUT
- Speaker: 8ohm 0.8W
- OS: Support for Windows XP / 7/8 SP3 / Vista and Mac 10.5 or higher
- Language: English / French / German / Spanish / Italian / Portuguese / Russian / Japanese / Chinese / Polish / Korean
- Battery: 3,8V 1200mAh Lithium-Ion Battery (included).
- Memory Card: Supports up to 64GB of memory. (Not included.)
- Item Size: 6.2 * 4.9 * 2.1cm / 2.4 * 1.9 * 0.8 “
- Item Weight: 75g / 2.6oz
- Package Size: 20.5 * 16 * 7cm / 8.1 * 6.3 * 2.8″
- Weight of package: 550g / 19.4oz
Andoer AN1 4K, thanks to the Novatek 96660 chipset high technology and a wide-angle lens of 170 degrees, you can shoot video in 4K and take pictures with a resolution of 20 MP. To be precise, It also mounts a 1 / 2.3 Sony IMX078 CMOS sensor.
One of the most important characteristics of Andoer AN1 is the ability to change the Camera angle.That default, as mentioned earlier is 170 ° but you can choose from four options: 170 °, 140 °, 110 ° and 70 °.
This is not a real wide-angle gearbox but it’s just a simple zoom that leads, inevitably, to a substantial loss of resolution.
Andoer AN1 also lets you record video in time-lapse. Activate the setting is simple. Just go to the video settings and try the time-lapse icon. Once set, simply go back to the video recording screen to take advantage of this mode.
Also, there is provided a practical case where to store the action camera and all the accessories. It is a highly valued gadget by users as it allows not only to carry around the action cam with ease but also to store gadgets all in one place.
Inside the box are we will get: waterproof case, Mount the bike attack, stickers for the helmet and an almost infinite series of Mounts that allow using the action camera really at every opportunity. Unlike the previous model, the Andoer AN5000, it missing the cage that allows you to attach the camera to clothing.
Functionality and graphical user interface
The interface of the Andoer AN1 is slightly different compared to the previous models. First of all, the biggest news of all is the presence of 2.31’ LCD HD Touchscreen.
The implementation of the touch functionality of the screen allows, in fact, to have an interface easier to use and more intuitive. When you will first open the camera, you will be guided by a tutorial that explains all the countless features of the Action Camera.
To be able to turn the camera on, just press the button on the left of the body of the action camera. In this model, however, turns out to be slightly “harder” and therefore you will need to hold the button down for a few seconds more before you can begin to use the action camera.
The functions are well distributed on the large screen. Fundamental ones are placed at the bottom. In particular, in the lower left are the icons for accessing various functions: video, photo, internal memory, general settings. Each click on this icon means that the user enters in a new window, and, therefore, in a new mode.
In the settings menu, you can scroll through the various screens, simply by swiping your finger to the right or to the left. The option of drag and drop is also very useful when you want to quickly switch from video mode to photo. By dragging your finger up or down, you enter in video settings or photo settings depending on which mode you are.
If you do not want to drag the finger to enter in the settings in the video or photo you can, alternatively, click on the ring that is located at the bottom right. To change the resolution of the video or photo just click in the bottom center. It is an interface that is very comfortable and responsive, and also better-improved thanks to the implementation of the touchscreen.
You can take a photo while shooting a video just by clicking the power button on the side.
Another strong point of the Andoer AN1 is the presence of Wi-Fi that allows you to use your smartphone as a remote control for the action cam. To be able to connect the action camera to your smartphone just click on the button on the right side of the camera, just above the power button. You have to hold the button down until the Wi-Fi icon appears on the screen of the camera. After this is done, you have to search with a smartphone, a Wi-Fi network that indicates in its name the words like “action cam” and then enter the password that appears on the screen of the action camera.
When the device is connected, you can launch the app CamKing that is available for iOS and Android. Through the app, you can record videos, take photos, and see what is in the memory inside of the action cam. If necessary, you can save to your phone, the photos and videos that interest us.
To activate the function of 5x digital zoom, just click on the arrows placed on the sides of the screen. While you are recording a video simply click on the arrow at the top to see on the screen the parameters of the zoom. Keeping the up arrow pressed until the camera makes the 5x zoom directly. The flaw of this zoom is that it is impossible to make the magnification of the image in a progressive way, a bit like a smartphone.
The stabilization system uses the gyro mounted on the Andoer AN1. Very useful and almost necessary when recording video (even if is reduced the angle of view). Also, this model of Andoer features HDR for the greatest richness to the colors of the photos and recordings. However, for some users, this system could prove to be annoying because it tends to saturate the colors in some circumstances.
This is an action cam that offers a good performance also in relation to the price of content. Its ease of use allows even novice users to be able to use comfortably and without too many problems.
Photos and video are of good quality that enables you to capture the most important moments and the craziest shots of the life, without having to carry around bulky equipment. The price is only around $80 and can be picked up from TomTop.