The Ortur brand is best known for its Laser engraving machines, but you should know that it also has a 3D printer manufacturing activity. Recently, the company has introduced its latest iteration the Ortur Obsidian 3D Printer.
The brand has just put on the market a new printer model the Ortur Obsidian 3D Printer which, due to its rather high-end characteristics and its very competitive price, less than € 250 at launch, should not go unnoticed.
Ortur Obsidian Specs:
- Brand: Ortur
- Model: Obsidian
- Type: DIY
- Material (Frames): Aluminium Extrusion,Sheet-metal structure
- Platform board: Aluminum Alloy
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4mm
- Nozzle temperature: 0 to 260 degree
- Product forming size: 250mm * 250mm * 300mm
- Layer thickness: 0.05-0.4mm
- Memory card offline print: SD card
- LCD Screen: Yes
- Print speed: 150mm/s (MAX)
- Platform temperature: 0 to 110 degree
- Supporting material: ABS,HIPS,Nylon,PETG,PLA,TPU
- Material diameter: 1.75mm
- Language: English,French,German,Russian,Spanish
- File format: G-code,STL
- Model supporting function: Yes
- XY-axis positioning accuracy: 0.11 mm
- Z-axis positioning accuracy: 0.04mm
- Voltage: 110V/220V
- Working Power: Input: AC 110 / 220V, output: 24V, 41A
- Host computer software: Cura,Repetier-Host,Simplify3D
- Packing Type: Assembled packing
- System support: Windows, Linux, Mac OS
- Voltage Range: AC110V/220V
- Current (mA): 24V, 15A
- Connector Type: SD card,USB
This is the Ortur Obsidian 3D Printer, a Cartesian type model allowing to print a beautiful volume of 250 x 250 x 300 mm with an accuracy of 50 microns.
Delivered pre-assembled, you will need 20 minutes to finalize the assembly.The finish appears neat particularly at the electrical level. The manufacturer uses for example flat tablecloths .
The temperature rise of the nozzle and the plate is rapid . The maximum values ??announced are higher than those of the competition (260 ° C nozzle, 120 ° plate).
The extruder is reported to be suitable for using flexible filaments.
Independent Running & Flexible Operation
In the remarkable criteria there is the presence of a proximity detector type Bltouch to automatically level the plate. Ortur Obsidian 3D Printer will also be able to compensate the printing data to manage the deformation of the plate due to heating.
The machine offers end-of-filament detection and recovery in the event of a power cut .
What also interests me is its electronic part. The Ortur Obsidian 3D Printer is equipped with a 32-bit Ortur 6 STM32 card with Marlin Rtos firmware , Real Time Operating System latest level 2.1 and a FreeRtos OS .
I admit that I do not fully grasp the opportunities opened up by this firmware which would be more “real time” and I am curious to find out.
The stepper motors would also be of new generation with the promise of precision and above all silence . The Ortur Obsidian 3D Printer is also upgradeable to Wifi.
For the price, this new model is in the launch phase therefore with a better price than the usual price. It is sold today for $2 at Gearbest via the reduction code ORTUROBSIDIAN .
Product is shipped from the Chinese warehouse of gearbest, remember to select priority direct mail in order to have international tax free shipping. You can also check local warehouses offers, available directly on the product page!
Without Coupon Code: $299.99
With Coupon Code: ORTUROBSIDIAN $289.99