If you own a Redmi Note 4/4x then you would be glad to know that finally Lineage OS is now officially available for Redmi note 4/4x.
Lineage OS picks up where CM left off with version 14.1, which is based on Android 7.1 Nougat. The features are mostly the same, except now apps do not have root access. But you can root your device by just flashing an add on file.
Everyone loves to have a customised version of the Android experience. And, Lineage OS is one of the best options to customise your Android device from many aspects – including visual and productivity aspect. Talking of visual customising, you can change the theme, adjust how the notification bar looks, rearrange the notification shade and do a lot of things.
And that exactly why today i am going to show you a step by step guide to install Lineage OS on your Redmi Note 4/4x.
Excited so lets get started.
Lineage OS 14.1 For Redmi Note 4/4x
The prerequisites are
1-Your bootloader should be unlocked
2-You should have pre-installed TWRP recovery
- First head over to this page and download Lineage OS Rom Zip file and the gapps package and put it in the internal memory of your device. All the download links will be in the description box down below.
- After that switch off your device, now press and hold volume Up + power key at the same time until you see this Mi logo. This will basically boot your device in TWRP recovery.
- Now the very first thing that i always recommend is to make a backup of your current rom in case you have ended with a boot loop then you can easily restore your previous rom.
- Once that is done go back and click on wipe and swipe this blue button to right in order to wipe the system partition and make the device ready for rom installation.
- Now after that go back and click on install and navigate the rom zip file that we download earlier and select it after that click on add more zip and select the gapps package. Now swipe this blue button to right in order to flash the zip file.
- The flashing will take about 3 to 4 minutes, once flashing is done reboot your device. Again the first boot will take more time then the normal boot so just relax and wait till the boot get finished.
- After rebooting is finish you have successfully installed the latest build of Lineage OS. So just setup your device and enjoy the latest and greatest features of this rom.
Now i am testing this rom since about 2 days and I must say that the Rom feels buttery smooth and as of now I didn’t face any lag or random crashes. Every thing including Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, camera, Volte is working just fine.
So if you are bored with the stock MIUI rom and want to try something new then I will highly suggest you to go with this Rom as Lineage OS promises better performance. You can get the best output from your existing hardware, especially when compared to the OEM-based ROM you’ve been using.
Do Checkout my YouTube Channel XtreamDroid