MIUI 8 (Stable Version) – Supported Devices
Here is the list of supported devices for the Global Version:
- The Redmi Series – Redmi 1S, Redmi 2, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi Note 3 Qualcomm, Redmi Note 3 Special Edition, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 4G, Redmi Note Prime, Redmi 3, Redmi 3S/Prime.
- The Mi Series – Mi 2/2S, Mi 3, Mi 4, Mi 4i, Mi 5, Mi Note, Mi Max 32GB.
Whereas, the list for China Version is:
- Mi Max (32 GB), Mi 5, Mi 4S, Mi Note, Mi 3/ Mi 4, Mi 2/2S, Redmi 2A, Redmi Note 3G, Redmi Note 2, Redmi Note 2 Pro,Redmi Note 3( MTK). Started on Aug 23.
- Mi Max Pro ( 64/128 GB), Mi Note Pro, Mi 4c, Redmi Pro, Redmi 3S/3X, Redmi 3, Redmi 2 Prime, Redmi 2, Redmi Note 3 (Qualcomm), Redmi Note 4G (Single SIM), Redmi Note 4G( Dual SIM), Redmi 1S. Will receive an update on Aug 29.
MIUI 8 (Stable Version) – What’s Changed?
In MIUI 8, we can observe dozens significant improvements. Nearly one thousand of the experience optimization, we discovered, in the new UI. The minor ones include:
- Scrolling screenshots
- Redesigned Calculator
- New notes with beautiful templates
- New Gallery
- Second space
- Video Editing
- Caller ID (India only)
- Hindi T9 (India only)
- Enhanced SMS – (India only)
Meanwhile, the major one consist of:
- Two location at once of a smartphone
- Most applications can be double open with double-play account
- Xiaomi phones are now virtual bus cards (China)
- Custom suspension ball
- Xiaomi new fonts
- System-level intelligent menu
- Fashion Illustrated lock screen
- Xiaomi’s exclusive input method, Sogou Baidu professional custom
- Identify fraudulent messages pseudo base stations and payment security protection
- New power-saving mode
MIUI 8 – How to install?
There are two ways to install MIUI 8:
- Via OTA updates: This is the easiest method to get the newly released MIUI. Just go to settings, then check for the software updates. After something, the phone will restart and upgrade to MIUI 8.
- Via Manual ROM installation: This one is a little bit complicated and risky. Download the model’s ROM (Global or Chinese) from Official MIUI website. Copy the.Zip file to an SD card. Open recovery mode. Select the file in the SD card and Install.
Still any problem, or any suggestions regarding MIUI 8. Make sure to comment!
Update 8/27/2016: Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 (Snapdragon) Global ROM has not released yet. Recently, Xiaomi found errors in Note 3 OS (Android 6.0 Beta). Maybe that’s the reason for the no update of MIUI 8.
Update 8/31/2016: Good news. MIUI 8 Global Stable version has released for Redmi Note 3 / Prime and Mi 5. You may now receive OTA for these terminals.