Z80 Smartwatch – The Cheapest Autonomous 3G Watch for $49
The Cheapest Autonomous Smartwatch on the Planet till Date
Let’s peek into the characteristics of Z80 Smartwatch:
Design & Display
From the appearance, Z80 seems to be a classical rectangular smartwatch which fabricates from plastic. The reason for preferring simple plastic is because of it’s lightweight, anti-corrosive and malleable properties. As far as the strap is concerned, it’s made up of rubber. The strap is anti-allergic but sadly not customizable.
The watch has physical dimensions of 5.00 x 3.80 x 1.1 cm and weighs only 6.5 grams. The credit here goes to the ultra-thin deign of only 11mm. The curves on each corner further exaggerate the beauty of Z80 Smartwatch.
Moving to the 1.54 inch IPS screen of the smartwatch, it’s resolution is 320 x 320 pixels along with the presence of 2.5D curve technology which is rare in smartwatches with that price tag. The watch has excellent contrast and brightness and is vivid under sunlight.
In short, Z80 Smartwatch appears to be a classical and elegant watch unlike No.1 D5 with a stunning curved display and life waterproof body.
Hardware & Features
In performance, the watch never disappoints us. With a power efficient MTK6580 Quad Core (4 x @1.5GHz) accompanied by 512 MB RAM, it can run almost every app, every media flawlessly. Seriously friends, knowing the presence of a Quad-Core is enough for us to be satisfied. The majority of the Chinese watches integrates a Dual-Core processor, and they work perfectly without any delay, imagine what a quad-core can do. However, the internal storage of the Z80 is 4GB which is non-expandable. Now 4GB is enough to store the essential data on a small device, but the limited RAM also restricts us to download countless apps. So you better watch, before downloading any app.
Now heading to one of the selling point of the terminal, the features. For a small price, you can’t expect everything from a watch but in the case of Z80 you can. The watch has almost everything with the combination of a smartwatch and a sports watch. These includes:
- Anit-theft (Bluetooth needed)
- Remote Camera (Bluetooth required)
- Push messages (Bluetooth required)
- Calendar and Calculator
- Clock faces
Sports Watch Features
- Sedentary Reminder
- Heart- rate monitor
- Sleep monitor
Another rare and highlighted trait of the watch is the occupancy of a built-in 2.0 MP camera. Now you would think that 2 MP are less and old nowadays, but on that small display, the picture or video is up to the scale.
We have divided this category into two further categories: Wireless and Wired
In the wireless connectivity, Z80 Smartwatch supports an independent 3G network with the presence of a SIM slot on the left side (no need to open the rear cover). As the watch has Android, thus it will also integrate WiFi 802 b/g and Bluetooth v4.0 for a smartphone or headphone connectivity. The reception is pretty high for such a compact device.
Meanwhile, the wired section comprised of a micro-USB port for data transfer.
Operation System & Battery
It’s good to hear that Z80 Smartwatch runs on Android 5.1 (Lollipop). For us, it’s an independent OS as we don’t have to rely upon a smartphone anymore. We know, it’s sometimes hard to believe that Android apps can run on a small device like that, but seriously, almost 90% of the apps from the play store are compatible on Z80. The remaining 10% are either too massive or requires a large display to operate.
With the GPS under the hood, we have the Google maps on a watch which was always our dream.
With an energy efficient processor, limited RAM, and a small display, Z80 Smartwatch is capable of surviving 1 to 3 days (depending on the usage) with a single charge on that non-removable 400 mAh battery. As the watch is advanced, it supports magnetic charging.
In the conclusion, Z80 Smartwatch features independent functionality for a price under $50. With a solid design like that and every feature which is meant to be in a smartwatch, XiaomiToday recommends you to buy this watch.
Price & Availability of Z80 Smartwatch
You can pre-order Z80 Smartwatch for $49 from Gearbest. Currently, it’s on a flash sale that’s why the price is that much low. Quickly grab one before the shipping date (15 Aug) because the price will increase up to $80. The link to the store is given below: