Xiaomi announced the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 back in January 2016. At the time of launch this phablet was running Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop) with a MIUI 7.0 skin on it. Xiaomi, as promised, released the MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM on previous Monday. The beta ROM is now available to download as OTA update for eligible handsets, which fortunately includes the Xiaomi Redmi note 3. So if you are a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 owner, the wait is finally over, MIUI 8 Global Developer ROM is finally here for everyone to download. Also, the official Lineage OS ROM has been released for Redmi Note 3 so now, you can Download Lineage
If you want to Update your Redmi Note 3 To MIUI 8. Then you are at the right place. In this guide we will show you how to upgrade your Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 to MIUI 8 officially.
Before starting the process please make sure that
- Your phone is charged to 100%
- You have backed up your device and saved all your important data
- You are connected to internet
- There is a minimum 2Gb of storage space free in the internal memory
Updating Xiaomi Redmi note 3 via OTA update.
- Open the updater app from the app drawer of your Xiaomi Redmi note 3
- Once you are in the app you will see an option of “check for Update”, select that option
- Now you will see “MIUI 8.0 Update for Redmi Note 3 Is available” on your screen
- Tap on Download MIUI 8 Update now.
- After the downloading of update completes, Select reboot now.
- Your device is ready to use.
If you have any issue installing the OTA update, you can also update your Xiaomi Redmi note 3 with the help of your computer.
Updating Redmi note 3 via your PC.
- Visit the Xiaomi Redmi note 3 MIUI 8 ROM download page.
- Now download the ROM for Redmi Note 3. Make sure you select the Rom for your specific Redmi note 3 variant.
- Connect your device to the Windows PC/laptop via a micro USB cable, and copy the ROM file downloaded in Step 2 into the folder ‘downloaded rom’ in the internal storage of your device.
- Open ‘Updater’ app on your device.
- Click the ‘…’ icon at the top-right corner, select ‘Choose update package’, and choose the ROM file you’ve put in ‘downloaded rom’ in Step 3.
- You will get a pop up, select erase and update from the pop up.
- The flashing process will start and it is a time taking process so please be patient.
- Once it is done you will be greeted with setup screen.
- Congratulations, you have updated your Xiaomi Redmi note 3.
As a reminder: This is Beta ROM, so please expect bugs with the ROM. There are number of devices that will receive this updates, the developers have a lot on their plates, so it may take some time for bug fixes.