Here at Xiaomitoday we adore smartphones more than anything else. This time we present you the latest Chinese Cubot X16 4G phone.
In short, Cubot X16 is a smartphone that offers great features and good value for the money.
Table of Contents
Cubot X16 surely is built for peformance
Cubot X16 has a 64 bit quad core MediaTek MT6735A processor that runs on a clock speed of 1.3GHz. A phone having quad core processor is bound to run smoothly and is good at multitasking.
It has 2GB of RAM and 16GB of ROM storage which could be expanded upto 32GB using a Micro SD card. Is this phone good for playing games? Yes, it is. As we discussed in other posts, phones with Mali T-720 graphics processor excel in the gaming department.
For the display, X16 has a 5-inch 2.5D Full HD LCD screen with IPS OGS touchscreen technology. The screen has a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels which allows you to watch videos in high definition.
Battery is something very important for smartphones. It decides the time through which you can independently use your smartphone while using the stored battery power. The Cubot X16 has a Li-ion battery with a capacity of 2500mAh which gives it sufficient power to stay alive for atleast 12 hours while browsing internet.
Cubot X16 comes loaded with Android Lollipop 5.1 O.S. It has Bluetooth 4.0 which is a stable version used in most smartphones of today. Bluetooth 4.1 is currently available, the new Samsung notebooks have it, but it is yet to be adopted in the mobile phones. Given the phone has a 3.5 audio mini jack and FM radio we can enjoy music and listen to our favorite stations. Also, Cubot X16 has a dual Micro sim cart slot and Nano SIM slot which is an futuristic additiion.
While being impressed with the price/quality ratio of Cubot X16, we will include it in the list of The best Chinese Smartphones to buy in 2015. The camera of this smartphone is interesting for different reasons. It has a 13MP back camera with f/2.2 aperture, and CMOS sensor which gives a resolution of 5312 x 2988 pixels. The phone allows users to select between different modes such as HDR, panoramic beauty and others. Also, phone supports display mode angles upto 178 degrees that allows people to take pictures at any angle without compromising on the quality. The 5 MP front camera has f/2.2 aperture and gives a resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The dual LED feature of Cubot X16 gives pictures the extra contrast required to increase their quality.
The Cubot X16 weighs 162 grams and has dimensions 143 mm x 69 mm x 6.2 mm. It supports a variety of languages, ofcourse Spanish is one of them. The outer makeup of this phone looks quite sturdy and well made. It is built with the combination of aluminum and plastic. The frame is made of zinc alloy using CNC technology which provides a better touch on hands. Cubot X16 is available in two colors, Black and White.
Other than these features, Cubot X16 has Hotknot technology which offers an efficient and easy way to transfer data from one phone to other without the use of Bluetooth. This phone also has USB OTG that allows you to connect a mouse, USB stick, hard drive, keyboard or other compatible USB devices. Smart Home button, and Gesture Sensor are other two useful features in the phone.
Specifications of Cubot X16 Smartphone
- CPU: Quad Core ARM Cortex-A53 64-bit to 1.3GHz.
- Display: LCD FHD IPS OGS 2.5D 5-inch 441 dpi
- GPU : Mali-T720
- Resolution: 1920 x 1080 pixels.
- Contrast: 1500: 1
- SoC: MediaTek MT6735A
- O.S: Android 5.1 Lollipop.
- RAM : 2 GB.
- ROM : 16 GB expandable to 32 GB via Micro SD card.
- Battery : 2500 mAh Li-ion.
- Web browsing time: 12 hours approx.
- Standby time: 92 hours approx.
- Talk Time: 14 hours approx.
- Music time: 59 hours approx.
- Video recording time: 3 hours approx.
- Camera : Supports Dual camera, the main camera is of 13 MP (interpolated to 16 MP), the secondary camera is of 5.0 MP (interpolated to 8).
- Photo: PNG, JPEG, GIF.
- Music: AMR, MP3, WAV.
- Video MPG, MP4, 3GP.
- MS Office: Excel, Word, PPT.
- Games: Android APK.
- SIM: Dual SIM, Nano SIM and Micro SIM.
- Bluetooth : version 4.0.
- Wireless : 802.11b / g / n.
- 2G: GSM 850/900/1800 / 1900MHz.
- 3G: WCDMA 900 / 2100MHz.
- 4G: LTE FDD-800/1800/2100 / 2600MHz.
- Sensors : Light, Gravity, accelerometer, and proximity
- Location : GPS, A-GPS.
- Dimensions: 143 mm x 69 mm x 6.2 mm.
- Weight: 162 grams.
- Languages: Spanish, English, German, Polish, Farsi, Filipino, French, Italian, Polish, Portuguese, Roman, Vietnamese, Turkish, Greek, Bulgarian, Russian, Serbian, Ukrainian, Arabic, Persian, Hindi, Thai, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, Hungarian, etc.
- Colours : Black and white.
- Cubot X16
- Network adapter
- Charger and cable
- Micro USB Cable
- User manual
- Tools to open the card holder, Micro Sim and Nano Sim.
- Rear cover
- Wipe to clean the glass
- Screen saver
In terms of performance, Cubot X16 falls short from its predecessor Cubot X15 but it has good screen resolution to give enhanced user experience. Also along with this phone features 2.5D curved glass which is known to protect the screen during falls.
Overall, the phone comes with an elegant design and good performance at an affordable price. If you are searching for a Chinese 4G phone with a good screen and camera at an affordable price then do check out Cubot X16 on gearbest or banggood.com where currently you get 10 dollars off.