Cubot company with its smart bracelet decided to set a new benchmark in the market of budget fitness accessories, which allow amateurs and professionals to track their activity during training and recreation. The full list of Cubot
Cubot S1 Fitness Band Specifications
- Built-in chip type: NRF52832
- Bluetooth Version: Bluetooth 4.0
- IP rating: IP65
- Bluetooth calling: Phone call reminder
- Notification type: Facebook, Twitter, Wechat, WhatsApp
- Anti-lost: Yes
- Alert type: Vibration
- Other Function: Alarm,Altimeter,Barometer,Thermometer
- Screen: OLED
- Screen size: 0.96 inch
- Operating mode: Touch Key
- Type of battery: Lithium-ion polymer battery
- Battery Capacity: 85mAh
- Charging Time: About 60mins
- Standby time: 10 – 20 days
Body and Design
Cubot S1 – a smart bracelet in a case of aluminum, soft and hard plastic. Metal here is a frame and plastic on the front and back. The strap is soft and pleasant for the skin. It is made using the technologies of German Bayer, which guarantees no allergy or other inconveniences in its operation. Two weeks of real daily use confirm our statements.
There is one nuance that concerns the dimensions of the device. On a thin female hand, the gadget does not look perfect. This is due to the length of the body (256 * 21.1 * 11.5 mm). But the weight is comfortable for any hand – 24.5 g.
Assembly performed very well. At us on the test model S1 in black color and a rim under pink gold. A variant with all the black elements is also available on sale. With a bracelet, you can swim, but no dive. Protection is only provided by the IP65 standard.
The front side of the screen is interesting, and the rear area with a heart rate sensor. Next to him were two contacts for charging. It is a magnet, so it finds its own position when connected.
In addition to the lace, the Cubot S1 package is no longer interesting. There is an instruction in it, but you can figure out all the nuances of control and settings yourself.
The fitness bracelet surveyed has a screen diagonal of only 0.96 inches. This is not very much, but for OLED display just right. The resolution is 128 x 64 pixels.
The only thing missing is brightness control.
If at night the backlight level is just right, then during the day in the sun the data is read with great difficulty.
In the settings, you can set the backlight on when turning the hand, and not just when you touch the screen. The display activity time is not configurable.
The list of features of the Cubot S1 is large and if a SIM card were installed there, they had to be transferred to a section with a smart clock.
We list the entire list:
- Measurement of the pulse 24 hours a day. The chip is WTHRM122. This happens dynamically or at the user’s request. The application draws beautiful graphics. Synchronization is available for Android and iOS phones (Bluetooth 4.0 chip – nRF52832). The more often you measure the pulse, the faster the battery sits down. You can set the heart rate range, and when the current frequency exceeds this range, the notification will proceed.
- Counting activity during running, walking, cycling. The mode is activated automatically. It is important to note that the 6-axis accelerometer InvenSense / ICM-30632 is involved, which considerably exceeds the 3-axis analogs in terms of capabilities.
- Intelligent sleep monitor.
- An intelligent reminder. This includes an alarm clock, notifications of calls and messages that are received on the phone. In addition, through the interface, you can set the notification parameters for having to stand up from a chair and walk, and drink water and perform the daily rate prescribed by the person. The bracelet does not give voice commands, only vibrates.
- Management of the smartphone with music and camera remotely. You can not only run but also scroll through the tracks.
- Temperature and pressure monitoring. The sensors are built-in inside the case. The altimeter is also present.
- Record GPS coordinates, but only when connected to a smartphone, since there is no navigation chip inside.
Finally about the battery. Its capacity in the Cubot S1 is 85mAh. Charging takes 30 minutes and this in standby mode lasts for 30 days. Depending on the chosen format of use, 100% of the charge is usually enough for at least 5 days.
Cubot S1 is a smart accessory, which can work in a mode of dynamic pulse measurement for a whole week. It’s 6-axis accelerometer accurately counts activity throughout the day and delivers it to an application that generates beautiful graphics. The price for this gadget is not the smallest
$44.81, but finding an analog with so many additional features is not so easy. You can learn more about the Cubot S1 fitness band on the official website.